How Solvd renovated the web application and ensured web app security for Start-Up Nation Central
Start-Up Nation Central is a non-profit organization established to facilitate the connection between cutting-edge Israeli innovation and international entities seeking solutions to pressing global challenges. Through a dedicated platform, the company nurtures the growth of promising startups and cultivates robust partnerships, empowering Israel’s economy and society.
Since its inception in 2013, Start-Up Nation Central has strategically focused on impactful sectors. Their current areas of focus are health tech, climate tech and agrifood tech.
Visit the website
Our Client’s Goals
Goal 1: Inherit and fix bugs
- Gain full access and understand the existing codebase
- Address all identified bugs and glitches to ensure web app security
- Optimize performance for speed and responsiveness
- Update documentation for future maintenance
Goal 2: Add new features and pages
- Develop new web pages based on specific needs
- Implement new features for an enhanced user experience
- Integrate third-party services for additional functionality
Goal 3: Support ongoing functionality
- Monitor performance and address potential issues promptly
- Apply security updates to protect against vulnerabilities
- Provide technical support to website users
- Continuously improve based on user feedback and data
Challenges and Solutions
- At some point, the site began to get under attack. With the help of a third-party company, we conducted an audit and fixed the vulnerabilities on our own. The attacks stopped. We also took a set of measures to prevent future attacks.
- To speed up the loading of the site, we developed a model of caching requests to the database based on JSON files. With the new approach, when a record is created or edited on the WordPress side, all data is cached in a single file. When the page is loaded, the data is read not from the database but from this file, which significantly increases the speed and reliability of the system and reduces the load on the server.
- Solvd engineers have added support for an internal client API (via Finder API) to synchronize the lists of accelerators. This helped to avoid duplicating input of the information in different places.
- Our experts connected Cloudflare CDN and configured rules to prevent DDoS attacks. This allowed us to increase the security level of the application and achieve greater stability.
6 Team Members
- Enhanced User Experience and Security
This project has led to a significantly improved user experience through new features, functionalities, and improved responsiveness. Additionally, the identified and addressed bugs and glitches have enhanced web app security and user trust.
- Increased Efficiency and Reduced Costs
Through code optimization and streamlined workflows, this project has improved operational efficiency and reduced maintenance costs. This translated to increased profitability and resource allocation to further enhance the web app.
- Continuous Growth and Competitive Advantage
The project's focus on user feedback and data-driven improvement ensured continuous adaptation and development. This not only allowed the web app to stay relevant and meet evolving user needs but also created a competitive advantage by offering innovative features and functionalities.
- 3 PHP Developers
- 1 Front-End Developer
- 1 QA Engineer
- 1 Project Manager
“The partnership between Solvd and Start-Up Nation Central has been a win-win for both organizations. Solvd has provided Start-Up Nation Central with the security they need to succeed, while Start-Up Nation Central has provided Solvd with a valuable platform to showcase their expertise.”
Head of Account Management